Time Management & Water Conservation?

You must be thinking: What's the correlation? 

This question arose due to something that I personally encounter on an almost daily basis. Okay here's the scenario: I usually only shower once a day, and that is after I come home, before bed. I have friends who only do morning showers and they eeeeewww at me for not taking a shower before I head out. Hey, I get myself clean before I go into bed every time, so my bed is clean right? And I save myself the hassle of waking up early to shower and wash and THEN blow-dry my hair when I'm already running late. 

On the other hand, it irks me when people tell me they only shower before they go out. Sure, you appear clean every morning when you present yourself to the world, but you come home dirty and sleep with all the dirt you bring home??? If you are one of them, it's okay with me as long as you don't judge me for not showering before going out. I have my own rationale behind it ok. 

I'm side-tracking. Lol. You must be wondering erm....then....? Hahahaha~

Right, so I was saying I only shower once a day, and of course I choose to do it at the end of the day when I've been out, perspired, got smoke/rain/dust particles/whatever nonsense stuck on my skin and face and hair, and just smell far from fresh. Makes perfect sense for me. 

Then, of late, I have been implementing exercise into my life, and I noticed that if I manage my time right, I will take one less shower. 

Does it all come together now? 

If I wake up and decide to workout in the morning, I will of course work up a sweat and need to take a shower after my session. Then I'll go out in the day and return having to take ANOTHER shower before I go to bed. BUT if I decide to workout at night after I return home from work, I'll only shower once. And I'll only need to blow-dry my hair once which is great because blowdrying long hair is a biaaaatttchhh. (That's actually the main reason why I dislike washing my hair more than once a day!)

So you see! Proper time management can actually allow you to save water! Of course there are other methods like showering yourself while bathing your dog (yup I practise that too!) and the ones I've mentioned in this post

You can also install a thimble in your tap. Doing so will help you save 5% off your water consumption!

Collect your very own thimble kit, courtesy of PUB sg: Redeem for FREE today


What we are taking for granted, others are praying for. Pledge with me now at www.campaign.com/siwwpledge

For every pledge, $1 will be donated. We hope to raise $40,000 to help the less fortunate! You can make that difference. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts