Prince Alton, The Young 8-Year-Old Dog

Or that's what I say. Alton turned 8 in September, and although he's almost blind and almost deaf and can just walk into a wall because he can't see it, he's still my baby. And for some of you who know that I will be going away to Taiwan for a period of time, he is who I'm most concerned about. 

He's been with me for the past 8 years ever since he was a 2-month-old baby, and he's still a really happy boy despite the eye and ear problems. #damnthecongenitaldisorders 

So this year I decided I wanted to do a doggy birthday party for him. He has always only spent birthdays at home, but I know how much he loves having company, so I looked up a few places and decided on this doggy cafe which had quite a lot of good reviews.

Paw Pet-radise. ^^


They even have sofas for doggies OMG. 

I was okay with deciding on how much to order for my friends, but I wasn't sure how to order for doggies. Like, what if friends have fussy dogs? What if they decide to eat first then come? What if the dogs don't like the food? How much to order? I had all these questions which I had to sort out. My best bet would be to take the total number of doggies coming and order servings enough for just 2/3 of the number. Like if 10 dogs were to come, order 6/7 sets. =D

You would never have guessed these were the doggy food for the night! Looks really good right?

Top Down:
Porkie Meatballs (these were a hit!)
Liver Fruit Cake
Cheesy Baked Beef Rice (Even Gwen's sister's Spitz whom she claimed to be very picky finished one on whole casserole!)

If you are doing a doggy party there, I really recommend taking the Royal Feast Meal which includes a dessert. I chose Earl Grey Panna Cotta cos it just sounds more atas. Lol. Plus I really love Earl Grey tea. And I DIDN'T REGRET IT ONE BIT!!!

These were to-die-for. I swear.
I didn't take a lot of picture that day as I was too busy talking to everyone and playing with doggies. But I'll share what's good. Apart from the Earl Grey Panna Cotta, the crinkle cut fries and onion rings were amazing too! So was the Mushroom Olio. I get very concerned when it comes to ordering pasta as a catered food, but this one didn't disappoint! ;) 

Oh, the spicy drumlets were finger-looking good too~~~

Gwen and her sister plus their doggies.

And Jayne and her sister. (Their retrievers were not in shot as they were oh-so-busy in the cafe playing with other dogs!)

And Fenny, as well as Mint Ah Yi! She came from work, or I would have loved for Bubble (her toy poodle) to be there. Thank you Mint Ah Yi for coming! And thanks for the 狗狗衣服!

Alton is a possessive dog. He will bark and whimper once I start to sayang other dogs. Didn't help that there were quite a number of dogs for me to play with that night. Lol.

See that face above my head? LOL!!! Someone had to grab onto him to prevent him from rushing over to me because I was trying to take this picture. LOL!!!


As the party was kind of a last minute decision, they didn't have time to bake a cake for him. What they did though, was they gave him a candle and a doggy biscuit with his name to place on one of the baked rice casseroles. 

As we were trying to take pictures of him, he actually blew out the candle! I hope your wishes come true, whatever they may be! ^.^

Thank you Paw Pet-radise for helping to make his birthday special. Your service was awesome, and so was your food!

 There were a number of other people who were there but I didn't manage/forgot to take a picture with. Thanks Mummy n Sis for being there, and thank you Colin, and Jonas for popping by. Thanks Smith n wifey! I'm really glad you guys n your Russell were there to spice things up! Thanks Yitian for coming too! I knew it took you quite a while to find the place but thanks for not giving up on coming! Daphne, thanks for your gift to Alton! I'll arrange for a shoot soon!

You guys are the best!!!

They say a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel can live anything from 9 years to 14 years. Alton my baby, I hope you're a 14-yearer. I still have a lot to share with you. Please remember that even as I'm away from you, okay?

I love you always.


For those of you who are curious, Paw Pet-radise is at 530 Balestier Monville Mansion #01-07. Might be hard to find but keep a lookout for SPC. Once you're near SPC you need to turn left soon, and Paw Pet-radise will be at the building on your left. You will be able to see the signs. =) I highly recommend this place for anyone who wants to bring their doggies out to chill together. Good food, for both human and dogs, and I personally think the prices are fairly reasonable. Plus, the doggies can run around freely and mingle with other dogs. 

Have fun!


Comments

  1. a puppy party! =D here in Portugal that doesn't exists yet

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts