I'm Happy

I don't know how to begin this post. You see, when it comes to certain topics I just freeze. Because I don't know how to talk about them.

You know how you haven't spoken to anyone in a long time because of whatever reasons, and then when you finally hear from them you feel so so happy that you cry? I don't know if any of you has ever felt that way, or if anyone has ever meant that much to you for you to do so, but it happened to me today.

I haven't been checking my emails regularly for about 2 weeks now (sorry for whoever has been trying to reach me), and when I did a few days ago, I saw a reply to a dear friend to whom I sent an email to last week.

The feeling was...I don't know how to describe it - it gripped me, in a very good way, the kind that warms me and makes me smile from very deep inside, and tear up because of that. It's a deeply genuine kind of happiness. =)

A lot has happened since, mainly good stuff, to either of us. And although none of us are really there to share in each others' lives, we know, thanks to social media, what the other has been up to.

It's a love hate relationship with the online world - good or bad, we take it all in. For now, I'm thankful it gives me the opportunity to stalk the people I care about. Openly. Hey, that's why we put our lives online, yes? Want privacy, don't come onto social media. That's just how it is.

I never thought an email reply could make my day. Have you written a personal letter/email to anyone special in your life lately?

If they mean enough, make time. =)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts