The Xmas of 2012

This is a very overdue post that I wrote but didn't post because China has blocked Blogger (blogspot) and I just didn't manage to post it, somehow. But just pretend it's still 2012. Lol.

A time for loving, a time for giving,  Christmas has always been my favourite holiday, despite the fact that I did not grow up Christian, nor in a western country with winter and snow where Christmas is an elaborate affair with stuffed turkey and stockings by the fireplace. Even without all that, Christmas still feels beautiful to me. 

Maybe I've always been a bit of a dreamer with very imaginative visuals, because I love the idea of Santa Claus in his red suit and snowy white beard, reindeers, and him coming down the chimney (pity Singapore apartments & HDBs don't have these things!) without getting all sooty. 

I'm now back in Shanghai, and this is the very first year that I feel like I'm really spending Christmas in a winter country. (It snowed for a bit 2 days ago!) Nope, not in a 5-star hotel. In a real home. And I need to have the air-conditioning on at 30 degrees Celsius in the living room and the bedroom, as well as the heater on beside the bed as I'm typing this while still having really cold hands. I'm already in long sleeves and all wrapped up in a nice blanket! 


I was blessed to be able to enjoy a nice 5-course dinner on Christmas Eve in a nice American bar & bistro (Dakota), thanks to my wonderful man. I know I have been talking about him but not really showing you his face, so here he is, finally.


And here is my Xmas eve dinner~ 

I don't remember having turkey before (and if I did it was probably many years ago with my mum) so this is it. Funny how in our part of the world turkey is never a huge thing. 




I'm going to end this abruptly because I'm really tired, but I promise I'll be back. Happy 2013!

Comments

Popular Posts