Happy (Post-dated) Birthday to Me!!!!

Sorry I've been away for a whole week!
OMG there is so much love and happiness and good vibe all around I don't even know where to begin to start being thankful for. 

Let's start by being grateful that you are here. Now. To go on my journey with me as I share little snippets with you. I wish I have the time and energy to write more! I have so many things I just want to record down in my life on this little humble blog of mine I call my "Home" page. It really feels nice and comfortable to land here on the "New Post" page each time I log into my blog. Means I got something to share with you! ^.^

I turned a year older on Sunday, and I don't ever remember feeling so loved ever ever ever in my life.

I mean, apart from my 21st birthday which my fans/friends/family celebrated for me at Cdans and my 25th birthday which I actually really only booked a function room and did simple catering and invited people who matter to come, I don't remember much of the past years' birthdays. In fact, for many years, apart from the whichever-bf-it-was-at-that-time dinners, I always felt that no one really really bothered about my birthdays.

I was always envious when I see pictures of friends on Facebook having birthday celebrations where their friends would give them surprises and specially order cakes shaped in such a way that you just KNOW that it was meant to be for that friend and that friend alone because it symbolizes something. For many years I wished I had a group of friends like that. Who's always there in my life, be it when I'm traveling, or during family get-togethers, or just on normal Sundays when we would go for picnics and have zoo/Sentosa excursions together.

Sure, I have single solo friends here and there (I don't mean single like they're single, but they are just like, one person from high school, one person from here, another from there...), and these are friends who connect with me on a much deeper level than others, and I love these friends all the same. Most of these friends know my mum already, so I like that. It's just a yearning for all these friends to know each other, and to have a support network of good friends who can laugh, play, cry, and grow old together. Knowing myself and the type of friends I enjoy hanging out with (and the ones whom I've introduced to each other and looking at them all gel), I'm sure they will love each other's companies too. =D

Okok so let's begin telling you how my birthday went. ^.^

It all started on 2nd June, Saturday. I hadn't planned on anything for my birthday this year, and Jackie and Mint had told me they wanted to treat me to dinner at Kushinbo on Sunday. So I was only really prepared for a simple dinner with Mummy, me and my dearest god-sister n her fiancé Jackie (Hui Xian was on the plane back from Shanghai from her school trip).

I had just gone for a Kiehl's event (check back tmr for details!) and the day was just going great, with it ending in me and Jayne and Gabby and Yina and William and Yuhao just chilling at Forty Hands over Cappucino and Latte.

Then chilling at my one of my favorite-st bookshop ever Books Actually! I super love this store. Maybe it's not the collection of books but the shop itself! =D


After that I was supposed to go to Jurong Point to meet Mint to help me do a shoot, but I decided to just enjoy my late afternoon/evening with the folks. William and Yuhao came along because William had asked me a few days ago to join him and his friends at a chalet to know more people. ^.^

Awesome folks William, myself (eh hem! Lol~), Yuhao and BFF Mint!!!


Meet my look-a-little-bit-alike dimpled half-twin! 
He's super competitive about whose dimples are deeper. -.-"


Yeah I was supposed to be meeting people, but I couldn't help giving most of my attention to this heart-stealer! Her name's Happy! Ah!!! So cute!!! You can't blame me cos I don't really know anyone other than the 3 of them who came with me. And I have a soft spot for small animals...

After an innocent accompaniment with Mint to the swimming pool toilet (for some reason we both agreed that we don't like using other people's chalet toilets), I came back and was suddenly surprised by people singing birthday songs in English and then Chinese and then Malay and then Cantonese and William walking out with a birthday cake!!! 

OMGWTF!!! I totally wasn't expecting this!!! 

I was really just planning on spending a normal night out and then maybe having supper with Mint, just the 2 of us, while she spends the first moments of my new year with me!


*flushed from the surprise, and Singapore's unearthly heated-even-at-night weather*




The highly likely 幕后主使者. Thank you William!


For so many years no friend has ever celebrated my birthday for me. This really came as a sweet surprise... I mean, really! In my heart I was thinking "So this is what having friends throw you a surprise feels like! Wow!" 

I mean, sure, these are nice people, but I never thought I was close enough to them to warrant such effort. Even if it's just buying a cake and singing me a birthday song. Yeah I know! =P


Sense a slight tinge of glowy happy radiance? 


I wish... (can tell or not? I don't want my wishes to not come true leh!)
Okok gist of my wishes (Uh huh...PLURAL! Hahahah!) - that everyone finds (and KEEPS) their own true happiness, that includes yours truly's. Okay not going into details!!! *grins*






又来~ Buay tahan~ Wahahaha~

Mint then suggested going to AMK MacDonald's. I was thinking "Huh why MacDonald's?" But I quickly decided that I don't mind having cheeseburger and fries for my birthday as I do have a recent fond memory of MacDonald's... 

PLUS I really wanted to help Mint collect all 4 Hello Kitties! She already had 3 from this collection! Lol~

And then flying batchboy/close friend/buddy Azmi sent me a text asking where I was. I wasn't sure if he remembered, but I didn't really care because what mattered more to me was the company. We've been good friends for close to 6 years now! (And guess what! He asked me to be one of his "Brothers" for his upcoming wedding! So cool I'm gonna be the first cross-dressing sister/brother! Hahaha~) So I told him to join us! I sent him a text asking him if he brought me a present (jokingly of course! I wasn't expecting anything at all! =D)


WHAHAHA!!! It's that sudden realization that was so classic!!!
It's okay batchie! Having your company was more than enough. I mean, hey what are the chances of you being in Singapore and happening to look me up just moments before my birthday? ^.^

On the way from Costa Sands Pasir Ris to AMK MacDonalds (the standalone one along AMK Ave 6) when it turned 12 all of them burst into birthday songs in English and Chinese and Malay and Cantonese again!!! It was so cute and so unexpected and so...fun? Haha~ It was like party at Zouk happening in my car! =D

Then when I thought that that was it, I received a surprise phone call from a special someone~!!! 
No prizes for guessing it right...I'm not telling you guys. Well not yet anyway. I might, if fate arranges. You might wanna help pray for me. \^.^/

All I could say is, I was so surprised and kinda flustered I didn't really know what to say on the phone, and I think I kinda sounded awkward there. #facepalmFAIL!!!! So paiseh max. Bleah~



Hello batchie~ ^.^

We were all seated inside at the outdoor area (am I making sense? The Macs is such that there is an outdoor patio after you enter the building and come out the back) and William and Mint offered to go buy food while we looked after stuff. While Yuhao and Azmi took care of entertaining me.

Except that after spending A LONG TIME chatting with them and Whatsapping and looking at Twitter & Facebook well-wishes and then chatting some more...I began to smell something fishy. MacDonald's was crowded yes, but not THAT crowded what. 

THEN Mint and William returned, and told us the queue was so bad and that they found a better seat outside at the front entrance. I remember walking past the Macs counter and muttering about how no wonder it took so long cos only ONE counter was open.

I totally did not expect to see Joey (officially introducing to you guys - that's Mint's biological sister), "Fameelee", Mint, Jackie & BUBBLE!!!! ALL CAMPING THERE WITH A BEAUTIFUL CAKE AND MACDONALD'S MEALS AND A HUGE PINK PRESENT BOX!!!! And then they just started singing Birthday songs in English & Chinese again!!!!

I REALLY DIDN'T EXPECT TO SEE THEM THERE COS I KNOW THEY WERE GONNA BRING ME OUT FOR BIRTHDAY DINNER THE NEXT DAY!!!

真的是受宠若惊~


Happy...


I still can't believe this...


OMG it's real...these people actually do care about & LOVE ME!!! 


^.^



Thank you you lovely bunch! I've never ever ever felt more loved in my life!!!
(Azmi, I know you totally weren't aware but I love you all the same...lol~) 



What? You thought that was it?

Remember I mentioned my birthday dinner? 
I'm waiting for pictures from my Diana Mini (*griiiiiiiiinnnsss*) to be developed. When that's done I'll scan them and post it up in a separate post. 

Yes I'm such a teaser! ;)


I still can't believe I'm feeling so much love. Thank you God. Thank you Mint, Jackie, Joey, "Fameelee", Azmi, William, Yuhao, Bubble, D(^.^), & not forgetting the ones I go home to - Alton, and Mummy, and Hui Xian. And of course so many of you whom I didn't mention here and had sent me well-wishes. Thank you so much for making me feel special. I love you all too, some maybe more than others (you peeps know who you are!), but love is still love and I love you anyway. Lol. 

唱着Ella的歌:

感謝上帝 我真感謝你 
到末日那天我都會 用力的愛著你

Comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday Silver!!

    Enjoyed Your Posts, Keep It Up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through the whole 'hoohah' previously and have been reading you since. Im in no place to judge since i do not know any of you girls. But one thing i know is that you are oozing radiance. Happiness can be real contagious so wishing you genuine happiness, blessed birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha. i jealous! Just like you, I always thought how it like to have someone surprise me ! I forever surprising other people. even koh also fail =[

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts