Review: Eyebrow Embroidery at Allure Beauty Saloon

I was very lucky to be invited to personally try the Eyebrow Embroidery at Allure, located at Tiong Bahru Plaza.



Previously, it was a procedure I've never really considered, cos I was blessed with naturally full brows with a nice arch. And also, because be it embroidery or tattoo, it's considered permanent/semi-permanent, which would mean if the artist f*cked up and thought that what she drew is "Oh my god, this looks SOOOO good on you!" when in actual fact it's way far from what I wanted. God-forbid, it might change my very nice eyebrows to fierce/horrendous-looking ones. *shudders*



So you can imagine I had like a million questions when I received an invite in my email. I'd rather deal with pencilling in the small bits of my brow than living with unsatisfactory brows for 2 years (that's how long I was told it would last). Also, did I have to shave off my brows? Will it affect the growth of my own brows in the future? Will I be able to change the shape of the brows if I don't like it?

The kind lady was patient with my paranoid behaviour and answered to my concerns. Thanks Mistical!

So here's the information I gathered, for those who have sparse eyebrows and have been toying with the idea -

Eyebrow Embroidery is not tattoo. Tattooing involves injecting ink into the dermis layer of the skin. This causes reaction between your cells and the ink, and the pigments will migrate deeper into your skin over time, hence the effect is permanent. (You can wiki "Tattoo" and go read it yourself, in case you fall asleep reading scientific medical terms on my blog.) Thing is the colour will change after some time, turning greenish or bluish. I'm sure you've seen the effect on some aunties who had OBVIOUSLY done eyebrow tattooing. Should you want to remove it, the only way is to get a skin doctor, or specially-trained personnel, to laser it.

Eyebrow Embroidery however, involves penetration of colour into just the top layer of the skin, which I'm assuming is the epidermal layer. The eyebrow artist will customize your brows and the arch to suit your face shape, and add colour to your brows using fine strokes (similar to those in a Chinese painting). The ink used by Allure, I'm told, is imported from Japan, and contains nanotechnology. It's special in the sense that it fades away after about 2 years. You think it's troublesome that after every 2 years, you need to go back and touch up? I think it's smart! Simply because our face shape changes. Imagine, if you become skinnier 2 years later, your face will become sharper right? Or what if you suddenly become rich and decides to do some facial aesthetic surgery like make your nose bridge higher or do a facelift? Won't you want your brows to better match your face then? Food for thought~!




Camwhoring while I was waiting for the therapist while she went to grab lunch. Also, this would be my before picture. 


Tea was served! Score~

I noticed quite a number of magazine articles on Allure's founder, Angela Tnee (pronounced nee).



Impressive.
She was the first person in Singapore to introduce the creative eyebrow embroidery skills using the stroke by stroke techniques which has become Allure’s Signature Eye Brow. Pioneer leh!!!

She was even prettier in person, as she came and had a small talk with me. 
She applied anaesthetic cream on my brows, which she told me would take about 20 minutes to half an hour to take effect. So when Coco, my Embroidery Artist was ready, so was I.


Some info about the artists - 
Before a beautician becomes an Eyebrow Embroidery Artist in Allure, she will need to go through a series of intensive training. Firstly, she would begin her practice on synthetic pig skin for a period of six months and has to pass this stage to receive her approval from Ms Angela Tnee, the Principal Trainer for Allure Beauty Saloon before proceeding to practice on volunteers and finally on the clients. 
 
The three stages of practices before proceeding to perform eyebrow embroidery on clients is to ensure that every Eyebrow Embroidery Artist in Allure Beauty Saloon becomes competent, precise and skilful to deliver the best looking pair of customised eyebrows for every client. So you know you're in good hands. =)

I accidentally saved the words on the wrong part of the picture. Then I can't restore to the older version. 
Anyway this is me, barefaced with anaesthetic cream and cling wrap on my brows.


Coco analysing my brow shape.


Drawing the brows first. This is to determine the exact shape to be embroidered. My brow shape was good so she just had to pencil in and make the brows look more defined.


Done drawing! 


Now I'm ready for the procedure. Was I scared? Nope! Cos I was told it wouldn't hurt at all. And that having your brows plucked was more painful than this.


 
In Allure, there is no sterilization involved in case sterilization was not done properly. They use a brand new blade for each new client. No hygiene issues at all.


My right brow done! Got difference?

She reapplied anaethetic cream on my right brow before setting to work on the left, in preparation for the next step, which is adding colour.





She even sat me up to make sure it looks right when I'm upright. That's how precise it is.
细腻的功,才会确保漂亮的作品~
*loves*



I know this picture super ugly. Shows all my freckles, sans makeup. Only thing pretty is what I wanna show you - the brows~ Looks damn natural right!? It's really stroke by stroke, imitating my own hair growth! 
And there's NO BLEEDING OR SWELLING throughout and after the whole process.


Coco explaining to me how to take care of my newly embroidered brows and what to take note of.
Basically, in the first week, try not to let it come into contact with water. Use a wet towel to wash your face, avoiding the brow area. This ensures the colour, because it has not set into the skin, will not fade prematurely. Also, in a few days' time, I would expect to see flakes of the scab coming off. DO NOT go and itchy hand, try to pluck it or scrape it off with your nails. Let it come off naturally.
I was told to return 2 weeks later for touch-up as the colour would fade about 30%-50% after the first day. After which, my embroidered brows should last me between 18-24 months~


The whole procedure took me just about an hour!!! One hour in exchange for almost 2 years of perfect brows, not a bad deal~ ;)


With Angela Tnee, the pretty Founder cum Managing Director.
I seriously like her new haircut. Makes her look sharp.


This was the Creative Director Coco Qi, who did my eyebrows. I think she's very pretty too!

Updates: This post was in 2010, and I have since gone for another session last year (2014) as some of the colour has faded, and this time I wanted thicker-looking brows. You can read more about that experience here, where I have posted better pictures thanks to my camera upgrades. =) 
Oh, also, they have new outlets now. 

ALLURE BEAUTY SALOON is located at:

Tiong Bahru Plaza
Next to Tiong Bahru MRT Station
302 Tiong Bahru Road, #05-04A
Telephone: 6270 8845

There's another outlet at:
City VibeNext to Clementi MRT Station
3151 Commonwealth Avenue West, #02 – 04A
Telephone: 6779 2242

You can also email them at allurebeautysaloon@yahoo.com

HairInAllTheRightPlaces,
That Silver Girl

Comments

  1. How much does it cost usually?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i did mine at clementi and it turned out horrible, it was done by another staff who was really unprofessoinal. both sides were extremely uneven and i paid 400$ for something so ugly. for the touch up coco was there, but the damage has already been done, she tried to draw it even and that staff had to do the embroidery. i have to laser it off. all my friends said it looked fierce thick and unsuitable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon>> Oh no! Did u write them an email???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, i did told them i hated it. even till now. i called few weeks ago to ask them how much for the removal and the lady who did it for me told me $600. actually $588. I told her my name and she recognized who i was and they asked me to get back to let them check. Its quite faded but still very prominent. The shape is not as harsh but it is pretty uneven with the left eye so arched up. I think i might call tomorrow to make an appt to remove it. Im just furious that i had to live with this everyday disliking it. I hate to fork out that amt. I refused to have it embroidered again. Sorry i just was checking google to see where else i could remove it cheaper and saw this post again. Yours look good though! Wished i did it with Coco. Because 400+600 removal, geez. Could have afforded that.

      Delete
    2. I bought a Groupon voucher for eyebrow embroidery and was told by the staff that it is actually tattoo. I had to top up another $700 plus to do the so-called signature embroidery!

      Delete
  4. Where you go for the laser service? How much you have paid for it? Can you please provide me the details of the shop? I need to laser off my existing one. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. babe, eyebrow embroidery at allure would rougly cost about ?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Depends on who's doing for you. Can be between $400 to a thousand odd. If it's Angela or Coco it may be more expensive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They say embroidery will stay there forever, and it's just gonna fade after 2 years or so. But STILL THERE!! I don't understand but there are peop who said it's similar to tattooing! :( I'm thinking twice now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And girl, u didn't even need an eyebrow embroidery!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Embroidery will fade, and it's tattooing involved injecting colour into the deeper layers of the skin while embroidery only injects colour into the surface layers. That is why it will fade but will not react with your skin and turn green after some time.

    And you're right, I didn't need it. But I did it so I could review and share it with all you curious girls! Guinea pig okay~ Thank me! Lol~ =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi gal, I also think that you didn't need an eyebrow embroidery. As you really look great with the previous one, which before you did the embroidery.

      Delete
  10. A pity you had yours done there, it doesn't look good at all! The one I tried at chinatown, was really really good. Didn't hurt a bit, and it looks extremely natural, and i have brown hair, so, she managed to choose a shade for me which suited my hair! and now I will never have to draw my eyebrow, even for going to the supermarket, and I look fabulous all the time. I guess having a well-done eyebrow really really makes a difference! I feel that I need to share with the world, cause everyone went and spoilt their eyebrow, and I feel sooo sad. So yeeah, try out! it's called Scents Hut

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi sggirl01, don't create a profile just to advertise yo? And putting others down to promote your own stuff never works... -.-"

    Next time, pay for advertising...

    ReplyDelete
  12. did mine yesterday. can i ask whether yours was like strokes after you have finished? Mine like very obvious and looks like I have stitches on.

    AHHHH...i hope they will fade and look more natural. Sigh...to think I was told it will look natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey mine looked like thick strands of hairs...I think that was what u meant by strokes? They will look less harsh after a week or 2. Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  13. yes, that's what i meant - thick strands of supposed hair but looked more like stitches; because they are so straight and the gap between the strands is so wide and equal. Also, maybe you already have thick and full eyebrows so might not be so obvious in your case. as for me, each of my eyebrow half botak so even with the embroidered eyebrows, i still probably have to draw. the thick drawn brows have not quite faded. met a colleague this morning and within seconds asked me what happened and why i looked so different. Ha. Saw your first post on this topic and realised that you tried this almost one and half years ago. are they still obvious? Do they leave any red marks? I hope not. I really regretted being so vain. I must say you are really brave to try it out despite not needing to do so. My apology if I am being 'loh soh'... just super worried.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you feedbacked to Allure about your concerns? Maybe you're not used to the strands of thick hair. Give it a week or so to fade off and see how first ba. Did your colleague say it was not nice? Or that u look...different? =P Just curious! It may be different in a good way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh no. Didn't go allure. Was having facial when beautician suggested I have eyebrow embroidery. Came home googled to read about others' experiences and found your blog. eyebrows have faded much but still obvious because I dont have much brow hair in the first place. thanks for responding, appreciate that. Wishing you a healthy and happy 龙年!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, is yours creative eyebrow or eyebrow emboidery? And do u know how much Coco or Angela charge? Thanks and Happy Lunar New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Mine was Creative Eyebrow. I think every now and then they have special promotional rates for their eyebrow embroidery and creative eyebrow. Why don't you go check them out? =)

      Btw, there is a new branch at Westmall now.

      Delete
  17. Hi i wana go for eyebrow embroidery at Allure but was scare whether it will turn out to b natural? And can i know who is the one who doit for you? Hw much u pay for it? Painful?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Angel!

      They will design for you first so you can see and confirm the shape before they actually do the embroidery for you. I think they do a great job with the embroidery (ESPECIALLY ANGELA!!!!). Mine was done by Coco, and I thought it looked great too. Price-wise, do check out if they have any ongoing promotions.

      The pain was minimal I would say. Definitely less painful than eyebrow plucking. =) If you're really scared let them know to leave the numbing cream on for a longer period of time before starting the procedure.

      Delete
  18. Dear customer,
    At Allure beauty saloon for the past 10 years,we constantly endeavor to provide you with best in class services at all times. To ensure that we continue to offer valued services to our customers, we will be relocating our existing branch from clementi (City Vibe) to our new premises at West Mall Complex (1 bukit batoh central link,#04-10 S658074,tel 68982242), which is a bigger shopping mall and a pleasant atmosphere along with the same exclusive customer privileges.
    We look forward to being of continued service to you and I hope you will enjoy the benefits of our company at our branches location,
    so please come and have a look at your nearest complex,thank you for your continued patronage.

    Sincerely,
    management of Allure beauty Pte Ltd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Allure,

      I would love to try offering my clients eyebrow embroidery, currently I offer hair strokes with my tattoo gun.

      Where can I purchase the eyebrow tattoo pens?

      Can you please get in touch with me by email? It's info@lashcomplexions.com

      Thank you,

      Nancy from Georgia, USA

      Delete
  19. Hi i was hoping you could share a picture of ur eyebrows today? I got mine done today and i am so nervous about how they will turn out.. im so scared. Ive never done anything like this and im worried. Do you know if when it fades it fades completely after a year or two or does it leave a residue color ?

    ReplyDelete
  20. i have some comments for the eyelash extention. b4 signing up course, trial for the 1st time quite satifisfied but the lashes not really able to last long as what the beatican has mentioned from 3weeks - 1month. but still signed up for 10 lessons at SGD980.00. a bit disappointed for the 2nd do. 3 days all the lashes "drop down" and i go for retouch.... after the retouch, eyes seems drip down and i would says the results is not professional. I thought beatican should advise us which kind of lashes more suitable for our eyes b4 hands on and got to show us for acceptance upon insert a few hair stick not just proceed at their own judegment without seeking for our likes..

    ReplyDelete
  21. What's the difference between eyebrow embroidery and Creative Eyebrow?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts